How many "last times" have you had in your life? How many more will you have?
Some "last times" celebrate victories, like--
- The last diaper change because your son's finally potty trained.
- The last cap and gown you purchase because all your kids graduated.
- The last college exam because you earned your degree.
Other "last times" are a little emotional--
- The last time your son sleeps in his bedroom down the hall because he's getting married tomorrow.
- The last time your father drives a car because you had to take his keys away.
- The last time you kiss your mother goodbye.
Wouldn't the world be a softer, kinder place if we lived every day as if it was our last? The Psalmist said, "Teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom" (Psalm 90:12). We're not guaranteed tomorrow, but here we are, alive today--one more day to walk in wisdom.
Whatever you do today, it may be the last time. Do what you can to make it last.